- general weed and litter pick
- review the audit done at the last GP and take necessary action – Judy has some dwarf french beans we can have if needed??
- tie up any climbers
- remove acanthus from the Pollinator Friendly area (PFA)
- Continue the audit of flowering plants in the PFA
- prune the Cornus in the station bed
- tie in/cut back climbers on the back wall, including the vine
- move bark chippings away from base of raised beds
- other tasks as identified on the day
- General weed and litter pick
- Carefully trim the Rosemary – the tips are looking ragged
- water the nettles in their crate
- Bed 1 – chop up the Green manure, fill the bed with fresh compost and plant the Perennial Kales
- In the Pollinator Friendly area
- cut back the Buddleia
- remove the acanthus seedlings
- soak small areas so we can plant some wildflower seeds
- Near the platform, deadhead the daffodils
- remove the acanthus from the crate
- Bed 5 – deadhead the hollyhock and general weed
- Remove the brassicas from Bed 3 (they’ve all gone to seed, and plant Dwarf French Beans in the front of this)
- Remove bark chippings touching the raised beds, to reduce the chance of wet rot.
Following on from our successful plant sale last Thursday, we are again selling plants from Wyndcliffe Rd and Charlton Lane. Please bring your own bag to carry them away, as well as small change cash. You are also welcome to pay on our Justgiving page.
We look forward to seeing you on Thursday…
Maybe we will also see you on Sunday 30th May at the CHARLTON AND BLACKHEATH AMATEUR HORTICULTURAL SOCIETY (CABAHS) Plant Sale to be held between 11a.m. and 3 p.m. We have been invited to set up an table at this event, to show what we do, and hopefully interest some new people, who would like to join us as volunteers.