- general weed and litter pick
- watering and filling the wicking bed, as required
- remove dead leaves from tomatoes and courgettes
- thin out any seedlings that are overcrowded
- remove the black fly as necessary
- dead head the marigolds
- pick crops
- dead/head/cut back the buddleia
- prune and tie in the vine, especially as the vine and runner beans are sharing space
- check all is well staked/tied up
- check the vigorous herbs – do they need cutting back?
After the previous weeks storms and rain, we were lucky to have a beautiful sunny day for this Charlton Park event.
Children coloured masks, made worms from milk bottle tops, planted seeds, and watered the trees in the orchard.
Thanks everyone who came and to those who made the event such a success.