Creating shared gardening spaces for the community
Due to May 6th being a Bank Holiday we are holding the May Sunday Gardening Party this Sunday, April 28th from 2 pm – 4 pm..
As the garden is still “in between” seasons, there is not a huge amount to do. Consequently we are unlikely to be at the garden for too long. If you are able to join us, please come close to 2 pm
- general weed and litter pick
- dead head any bulbs that have finished flowering
- poss need to stake the broad beans in Bed 3?
- tidy up Bed 1 – we need to give the garlic and shallots some space and at least dead head/cut back/remove the other stuff in there
- thin the beetroot in Bed 2
- water the new seeds in Bed 2
- poss thin some of the vigorous plants in the wildlife friendly area – it is looking good if not much stuff actually flowering!
- water the sheltered area of the Winter Garden; the shaded area under the steps.
Hope to see you after the Marathon.