Weather permitting, especially after this afternoon’s selection of sunshine and showers, we will be holding our Wednesday August Gardening Party this week from 5 pm until 7 pm.
We will start at 5 pm and go home either when the tasks listed below are complete or the weather limits us working. Watering hasn’t been included, but may be required, but we’ll decide on Wednesday.
- general weed and litter pick
- remove dead leaves from tomatoes and courgettes
- thin out any seedlings that are overcrowded
- remove the black fly as necessary
- dead head the marigolds
- pick crops
- dead/head/cut back the buddleia
- prune and tie in the vine as necessary
- check all is well staked/tied up
- check the vigorous herbs – do they need cutting back?
We hope you can join us.