Gardening Party 6th October changed to 13th – Same place same time
Our Sunday Gardening Party is moving from October 6th to October 13th. Timing, from 2 pm until 4 pm, will stay the same. Of course, if the rain starts or the tasks are completed we will go home early.
If you are free on the afternoon of the 13th, please come and say hello. You don’t have to be a gardener to help, just have an interest in growing vegetables organically.
As you will see, the last task is to make space for additional interest and colour in the Wildlife Friendly area. If you have any wild flower seeds from your garden such as verbena, salvias and perhaps some californian poppies, please bring them to the station during the afternoon of the 13th.We cannot accept foxglove seeds or plants as these are harmful to humans.
- General litter pick and weed.
- Clear and plant green manure seeds in Bed One.
- Add Winter lettuce seeds to Bed Three (with the brassicas).
- Clear Bed 4 and create a design here, a mix of garlic and green manure – creative thinking needed please!!
- Sort out the marigolds – dead head them/plant some in the front of Beds 3 and 4.
- Plant some mint in the crate. A selection of plants will be brought to the station.
- Possibly need to water the newly planted seeds (depends how damp the compost is).
- Water as required.
- Cut back and tie in the blackberry etc on the back wall, if necessary.
- Check the currant bushes – do they need a prune?
- Plant cerinthe seedlings in the Wildlife Friendly area – will be brought to the garden.
- Thin out some of the thuggish plants in the Wildlife Friendly area, to make space for some additional interest and colour (this is not that urgent, and we may decide to leave it until next time).