First Gardening Party of 2020 – Sunday 2nd February 10-12
Weather permitting, we are holding our first Sunday Gardening Party of 2020 on Sunday February 2nd. Importantly, the timing has changed. We will now be working at the station garden from 10 am until 12 noon.
What stays the same is that if the weather turns bad or when the tasks have been completed we will go home, so please come early.
The garden needs the following tasks completed:
- general weed and litter pick
- prune vine
- prune currant bushes
- prune herbs if needed
- tidy up Bed 3 and decide if we need to plant any seeds (is it too early – worth the risk??)
- tidy up the wildlife friendly area, perhaps leave major cut back to early March
- chop up and dig in the Green manure in Bed 4, carefully as interplanted with garlic
- possibly plant some more broad bean seeds in Bed 1 (we’ll need to decide if it looks too wet…)
- other, as needed
We hope you can join us.