Spelt, Courgette & Mint Fritters – another great recipe to use up those courgettes
Spelt, Courgette & Mint Fritters
1 cup wholemeal spelt flour
1 cup milk
1 egg, beaten
1 medium courgette, coarsely grated
1tbs finely chopped fresh mint leaves
• Put the flour into a bowl with the grated courgette,
chopped mint and egg and mix well.
• Gradually add the milk and mix until you get the
consistency you want (should be quite thick, not too
runny). Season with a generous pinch of salt and
• Heat a heavy‐based frying pan and add a little oil.
Once the pan is hot, turn the heat down slightly. If
it’s too hot the mixture will burn on the outside and
still be raw in the middle!
• Gradually spoon the batter into the pan using a
soup ladle (only half‐filled) or an ice‐cream scoop.
• Cook for approximately 1 minute on each side.
These are best eaten immediately, but they also reheat