Planting Plan for Raised Beds, Summer, 2021
First Draft, late February 2021
- The plans for this summer are based on our usual considerations, including:
- the need to rotate what’s planted in each bed
- grouping plants with similar needs
- location of beds and the amount of sun each gets
- visual interest – colour, form, height
Raised Bed 1
Spring broad beans are going in here (we need to check that bed is not water logged still); once they have cropped, we could plant some late courgette seedlings esp if someone has space to grow them on a bit in pots? We could also put in some beetroot and a quick salad crop?
Raised Bed 2 –
Garlic in here at the moment; once the garlic is harvested, we’ll plant winter brassicas, interplanted with summer salads etc while they are small.
Raised Bed 3 –
Autumn broad beans in here, Aquadulce, to harvest March/April onwards; then soil improver, climbing French beans, tomatoes (need to consider colours and try and have a good mix),
Raised Bed 4 –
Brassicas in here at the moment: to be planted with courgettes, dwarf French beans and possibly some salad crops
Is planted with acanthus at the moment – do we want to try mint again? Has anyone got any spare?