Our Plant Sale – 19th May 2022
As for the past 2 years we have held our annual plant sale in the front gardens of our supporters and volunteers. And again, as in previous years, we have raised money from donations in cash and via our Justgiving page. Thank you so much everyone who contributed. We hope that your plants thrive. We made over £500.
Tomorrow, Sunday, July 3rd, we have our Gardening Party from 10 am until 12 noon at Charlton Station. Gardening experience isn’t necessary, but please bring some gloves, if you have them. We have tools for you to use.
Please join us as close to 10 am as you can because if the weather changes, or the tasks listed below are completed, we go home.
The tasks for Sunday:
- general weed and litter pick
- review the audit done at the last GP and take necessary action – Judy has some dwarf french beans we can have if needed??
- tie up any climbers
- remove acanthus from the Pollinator Friendly area (PFA)
- Continue the audit of flowering plants in the PFA
- prune the Cornus in the station bed
- tie in/cut back climbers on the back wall, including the vine
- move bark chippings away from base of raised beds
- other tasks as identified on the day
A different topic, The London Wildlife Trust are interested in recording where stag beetles have been seen. If you see any, and taken a photograph, perhaps you would like to contact the London Wildlife Trust.
Hoping to see you tomorrow (Sunday)morning.
Charlton Community Gardens has its annual plant sale today. Map copied below.
Please pay my making a cash donation when taking your plant…. hopefully plants.
Make a donation via our JustGiving page.
Here is the QR code to take you to the page and also a link