With cooler weather forecast, we are hoping you will join us for our September Sunday Gardening Party this week, the 1st, from 2 pm until 4 pm. If possible, please join us close to the start as if the tasks listed below are complete, or there is a change in the weather, we are likely to go home.
- general weed and litter pick
- watering and filling the wicking bed, as required
- remove dead leaves from tomatoes and courgettes
- thin out any seedlings that are overcrowded
- remove the black fly as necessary
- dead head the marigolds
- pick crops
- dead/head/cut back the buddleia
- prune and tie in the vine, especially as the vine and runner beans are sharing space
- check all is well staked/tied up
- check the vigorous herbs – do they need cutting back?
Getting going in the orchard
After the previous weeks storms and rain, we were lucky to have a beautiful sunny day for this Charlton Park event.
Children coloured masks, made worms from milk bottle tops, planted seeds, and watered the trees in the orchard.
Thanks everyone who came and to those who made the event such a success.
Colouring in butterfly masks
The masked one……… Dragonfly girl maybe?
Watering the fruit trees
Planting seeds in cut down milk bottles