With cooler weather forecast, we are hoping you will join us for our September Sunday Gardening Party this week, the 1st, from 2 pm until 4 pm. If possible, please join us close to the start as if the tasks listed below are complete, or there is a change in the weather, we are likely to go home.
- general weed and litter pick
- watering and filling the wicking bed, as required
- remove dead leaves from tomatoes and courgettes
- thin out any seedlings that are overcrowded
- remove the black fly as necessary
- dead head the marigolds
- pick crops
- dead/head/cut back the buddleia
- prune and tie in the vine, especially as the vine and runner beans are sharing space
- check all is well staked/tied up
- check the vigorous herbs – do they need cutting back?